Want to contribute to The Art Genome Project?
Take the interview. Submit your application by 11:59pm EST on
Friday, June 15th Tuesday, June 19th.
Big questions and open skies at Art.sy.
We’re looking for Research Interns to make vital contributions to our growing, living tool for discovering art, The Art Genome Project.
Art.sy is powered by the The Art Genome Project, an ongoing effort to map the characteristics that connect the world’s artists and artworks. We call these characteristics “genes.” There are currently over 800 genes in The Art Genome Project, ranging from the more art-historical or conceptual (Renaissance, Minimalism, and Gender Politics) to the more concrete (Collage, Landscape, and Impasto). See our blog to learn more.
About the Research Internship
This is an ideal opportunity for you to put the sum total of your art-historical chops to the test. Of all the arts internships out there—and we have held many—we see this position as a constant intellectual challenge, paired with the practical concerns of communicating art history to a broad, non-specialist audience. Our interns play a meaningful role in our mission to expand the art world.
Contributing to The Art Genome Project requires a unique blend of creative insight, strong analytic skills, and the ability to conduct research on everything from Renaissance Art to important concepts in contemporary art. As a Research Intern at Art.sy, you will:
- Evaluate the effectiveness and accuracy of existing genes
- Identify opportunities to create and implement new genes
- Conduct art-historical research on a vast array of Modern/Contemporary and/or pre-1900 artists
We’re looking for people who are passionate about creating access to art, have a solid grounding in art history, but think outside of the box. Ideal candidates:
- Have completed advanced coursework towards a BA in Art History, and may be interested in pursuing an advanced degree in Modern and Contemporary Art History
- Have a broad understanding of survey art history, with a special emphasis on Post-War and Contemporary Art
- Can mine art-historical texts and data for critical issues relevant to The Art Genome Project
- Are actively engaged with the contemporary art world
The Research Internship is based at our beautiful offices in downtown Manhattan, starts immediately, and is 2-3 months in length. This position is unpaid, but accepted candidates may apply for available stipends.
How to Apply
At Art.sy, we are bringing art, science, design, and engineering together. Forgive the cliché, but there’s no better way to say it: we want to change the world. If you want to change the world with us, please reach out.
To apply for the Research Internship, visit Take The Interview. We’ll be accepting applications until 11:59pm EST on
Friday, June 15th Tuesday, June 19th. We’re asking each applicant to complete one written exercise, and record short videos (of up to 2 minutes) answering two questions.
- What do you think are some of the most important tendencies in contemporary art right now?
- Have you seen any particularly interesting or infuriating exhibitions in the last year?
- jasoneigeman likes this
- myhandmadejewelry likes this
- eisneveron likes this
- kbyea likes this
- lalibra82 likes this
- butchrag reblogged this from artsy and added:
- wurdo likes this
- tyabernethy reblogged this from artsy
- couchesanyone likes this
- jshea890812 likes this
- devilandhisdue likes this
- keptitclean reblogged this from artsy
- keptitclean likes this
- flightofthevagus likes this
- albertboudin reblogged this from artsy
- watchureyes likes this
- habinkim likes this
- oneiric-n likes this
- butt-doctor likes this
- mowza likes this
- assemblage2011 likes this
- carolinelau reblogged this from artsy and added:
- pop-rocks-blowjob likes this
- cestvoliere likes this
- crsenex likes this
- afrocanuckoriginal likes this
- workman likes this
- temescalien likes this
- sirrealism likes this
- claairobscur reblogged this from artsy
- aunt-hettie likes this
- This was featured in #Art
- anniewerner likes this
- lessonsoftoday likes this
- artsy posted this